We will only collect personal information from or about you for the purpose of assessing your Application for insurance and administering your insurance policy, including any claims you make. We will only use and disclose your personal information for a purpose you would reasonably expect.
We may disclose or collect information to and from the following:
- You, and/or any person that you authorise, or your insurance broker;
- Another person named as a co-insured on your Policy (for the purpose of confirming if full disclosure has been made to us);
- The insurer of the insurance product you have applied for or purchased;
- A financer or interested party nominated on your policy schedule (but only for the purpose of providing a certificate of currency or confirming that they have a financial interest in the event of a claim);
- Another insurer (to obtain confirmation of your no claim bonus or to assess insurance risks or to assist with an investigation);
- An organisation that provides you with banking facilities (for the purpose of arranging direct debit or other payment transactions or confirming payments made by you to us);
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority – for external dispute resolution purposes;
- A motor vehicle dealership, corporate authorised representative or insurance agent who has referred this business to MB;
- To a repairer or supplier (for the purpose of repairing or replacing your insured property);
- An assessor or investigator appointed to carry out specialised services;
- A legal service provider or recovery agent (for the purpose of defending an action by a third party against you or recovering our costs, including your excess, or seeking a legal opinion regarding the acceptance of a claim);
- To a witness to a claim (for the purpose of obtaining a witness statement);
- To another party to a claim (for the purpose of obtaining a statement from them or seeking recovery from them or to defend an action by a third party).
We aim to ensure that your personal information is up to date. Please contact us if you would like to seek access to, or revise your personal information. You may contact our local branch or Head Office in Sydney. Generally we will do this without restriction or charge.